Editor’s Note: Happy Halloween. It’s another relatively slow week of cigar news. It will be like this going forward for most of the rest of the year due to a variety of push and pull factors. I wouldn’t expect a whole lot of groundbreaking information leaking in the coming months, but then again surprises are always around the corner. If anyone would like to buy me a full box of Davidoff No.1s, there’s a link after the jump. — el niño diablo.
- Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda, Old Man & the C, La Vérité 2010 & More— Pete Johnson gave an interview with Stogie Review in which he mentioned:
- Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda — Comes back in 2013 for Tatuaje’s 10th Anniversary. He mentioned using a jar, but neither a ceramic nor wooden jar is planed.
- Tatuaje Black Old Man & the C — This would also mean the Tatuaje Black Label Lancero.
- La Vérité 2010 — Pete said that the most recent crop of La Vérité would likely be pushed back until December (2012), citing concerns over the wrapper. In addition, Pete mentioned that there is a limited amount of Sancti Spiritus tobacco, which might limit the amount of cigars he is able to produce.
- Cojonu 2012 — Pete mentioned March as a possible release date.
- Sumatra — Pete also indicated that we should expect an expansion of Sumatra wrapper next year on other Brown Label sizes.
- Viaje Exclusivo Lancero — Pic is above. Details are here.
- 262 Paradigm Lancero — Clint Aaron has said this extension to his Paradigm line is coming, along with the limited release for 2012.
- E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2010 No.4 — These go on preorder tomorrow at Federal Cigar, call 877.424.4270 to order, click here for more details.
- El Rey del Mundo NH No.1 — Trevor Leask claims these are coming to the Netherlands shortly.
- Berger & Argenti Entubar V32 Ships — Review is here.
- San Lotano Oval Maduro — Clay Roberts of A.J. Fernandez indicates that work has started on the newest Oval.
- J.C. Newman’s PENSA — Savona has the story about Newman’s new factory.
- Saints & Sinners Prototypes Revealed — Jay shed light on the specifics of the Saints & Sinners prototypes from Pete Johnson’s forum. Details here.
- Chattanooga Tweet-Up 2012 is Now Official — Start the hashtags: 1, 2, 3…
- Indiana County’s Smoking Ban Goes to Court — Details here.
C.Gars Ltd’s November auction catalogue went up, here are some of the more intriguing lots:
- Lot 12 — Cohiba Lanceros
- Lot 28 — Havana Cigar Information Centre Diademas
- Lot 121 — Festival del Habanos I Marevas
- Lot 215 — Cohiba 35th Anniversary Double Coronas
- Lot 216 — Cohiba Gran Reserva
- Lot 224 — Cuaba Book
- Lot 225 — Davidoff Millennium Collection
- Lot 240 — Dunhill Selección No.699
- Lot 276 — Davidoff 80th Anniversario
- Lot 279 — Davidoff Chateau Lafite-Rothschild
- Lot 287 — Davidoff Dom Perignon
- Lot 289 — Davidoff No.1
- Lot 295 — Dunhill Atado
- Lot 296 — Che Humidor
- Lot 297 — Cohiba 35th Anniversary Humidor
- Lot 303 — Montecristo B Compay Segundo
- Lot 304 — Partagas 165th Anniversary Humidor
- Lot 308 — Trinidad 40th Anniversary Humidor
- Lot 318 — Cohiba Humidor Signed by Fidel Castro
- Lot 323 — 510th Anniversary Humidor
- Lot 324 — Montecristo 2004 Humidor
- Lot 326 — Romeo y Julieta 130th Anniversary Humidor (2005)
- Lot 332 — King of Spain Lanceros
- Lot 352 — H. Upmann “21” Exclusive Havana Selección Numero 84
- Lot 364 — Partagas Wilsons Selección Privada
J.C. Newman has an upcoming Brick House event…
In addition, their 2nd Annual Saks & Cigars Events benefiting CFCF…
TAMPA, FL – Experience an evening of shopping, cigars, live music and more at the 2nd annual Saks & Cigars Wednesday, November 16 from 6 – 9 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation.
Held at world renowned Saks Fifth Avenue, the event features private shopping, catering from The Palm Restaurant, beer and wine, your chance to win raffle prizes from such Tampa Bay attractions as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning, DoubleTree, Marriot, Florida Aquarium, Tampa Bay History Museum, and more. To purchase your tickets today go to www.cf-cf.org or go call 813-248-2124.
WHAT: 2nd Annual Saks & Cigars to benefit the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation
COST: $50 ticket includes rare cigars, heavy hors d’oeuvres, beer and wine, live entertainment and private shopping by Saks Fifth Avenue
WHEN: Wednesday, November 16 6 – 9 p.m.
WHERE: Saks Fifth Avenue Westshore Mall Tampa, FL
WHO: Special Guests Cynthia Fuente, Eric & Bobby Newman