The annual Macanudo Gold Label shipment is heading to stores, this time with a new vitola.
General Cigar Co. has begun shipping the 2021 batch of Gold Label, which includes the new Macanudo Gold Label Gold Gigante (6 x 60). The line uses a Connecticut shade wrapper that comes from the first and second primings—the lower part of the plant—which General says gives it a golden color and fewer veins. Underneath that is a Mexican San Andrés binder and Dominican piloto cubano and Mexican filler tobaccos.
There are eight sizes of Macanudo Gold Label for 2021:
- Macanudo Gold Label Crystal (5 1/2 x 50) — $10.79
- Macanudo Gold Label Duke of York (5 1/4 x 54) — $9.99
- Macanudo Gold Label Gold Gigante (6 x 60) — $10.49
- Macanudo Gold Label Gold Pyramid (5 x 54) — $10.49
- Macanudo Gold Label Hampton Court Tubo (5 1/2 x 42) — $10.29
- Macanudo Gold Label Lord Nelson (7 x 49) — $10.79
- Macanudo Gold Label Shapespeare (6 1/2 x 45) — $9.79
- Macanudo Gold Label Tudor (6 x 52) — $10.49
“Year after year, anticipation for the annual release of Macanudo Gold Label continues to build,” said Laurel Tilley, brand ambassador for Macanudo, in a press release. “The brand boldly bucks the trend for powerhouse smokes with its alluringly mellow, creamy notes, offering cigar lovers the opportunity to create indulgent, memorable moments. I’m looking forward to enjoying this amazing smoke with cigar lovers across the country.”
General says that this is a seasonal release that will only be available until July 30 or until its inventory runs out. A spokesperson declined to disclose the number of cigars that are available.