This year you’re not going to see much of a difference in my setup. I’ve worked at getting just the right amount of stuff – there are a few items that have been replaced, but it’s essentially the same. Last year I didn’t feel like I was missing anything or carrying anything extraneous, so while I was packing I actually referred back to my post from last year.
You’ll notice I’m still using the Wenger Patriot rolling bag. It’s a great rolling bag with plenty of storage for all this stuff, and it doesn’t put any extra stress on my shoulders like a backpack would.
- To get in the door you’ll of course need your badge. I try to keep that in my bag so that I don’t walk out of the hotel room without it.
- I’m still using the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which continues to perform fantastically and takes up just the minimal amount of room in my bag.
- The GoPro and Feiyu-Tech G4 handheld 3-axis gimbal make a return this year, with the exception that halfwheel purchased a GoPro Hero4 Black.
- I said it last year and I’ll say it again, the most important set of gear in my bag is the camera. I have a Nikon D7200 with a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens. Accessories that go along with it are two 32 GB SD cards and a new RØDE Stereo VideoMic X. And the answer is yes, I’m still the only oddball on the staff that uses Nikon.
- Next is the always necessary Anker USB charger and iPhone lightning charger cable. Can’t have my phone dying when the IPCPR app is essentially to getting around and finding the next booth!
- In Las Vegas, you have around 10 percent relative humidity – which according to some locals is a lot right now. Regardless, cigars aren’t a fan of such a low RH, so a ziplock baggy with a Boveda 69 percent RH humidity pack is essential.
- I’m sporting new business cards this year, but still enjoy the Xikar business card holder to keep track of them.
- Cigar accessories include a Warped three-finger case, some new XIKAR MTX Scissors and a XIKAR Allume lighter.
- Lastly, a Field Notes notebook and a Lamy Safari Neonlime Special Edition pen. These are two items that were purchased for me by halfwheel, and I have to say I’m quite happy with how these both are performing so far.