This is my seventh IPCPR Convention and Trade Show, meaning by now I have a pretty good idea of what I need on me to best cover the show and all the booths.
There are some small but significant changes this year in what I’m carrying, which I think might go against the wisdom I’ve learned over the years of how to do this – but if you don’t adapt and change, then you stagnate, and who wants that? Hopefully, the changes make my coverage slightly more efficient, helping bring you all bigger and better coverage.
As I mentioned in my IPCPR 2017 What’s In My Bag post, I did finally return to the backpack instead of the rolling bag. Everything below is packed away safely in my Wenger Ibex backpack.
- IPCPR lanyard and badge
- Hand Sanitizer
- A Field Notes notebook and a Lamy Safari Neonlime Special Edition pen
- Vermont Smoke and Cure BBQ Beef Sticks (I said Maui Jim’s – I meant Island Jim. Those pineapple pork sticks a couple years ago were delicious!)
- Business cards and my XIKAR business card case
- halfwheel stickers (come and get ‘em!)
- XIKAR MTX scissors
- JetLine Opal Flint soft flame lighter
- Anker USB battery
- Warped Series I Case filled with a few cigars I will inevitably not get to smoke
- Bose SoundTrue Ultra In-Ear Headphones
- Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop
- Nikon D500/Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens
- DJI Osmo+