Iconic Leaf announced today that it has shipped the first batch of its new Recluse Amadeus to 30 stores, with delivery expected on Monday, July 7.
The Recluse Amadeus was announced in early April, with the new blend making its first appearance in a pair of samplers collectively known as the E.L.F., or Eight Legged Freak, that was released on June 15. The Recluse Amadeus uses an Ecuadorian shade grown Connecticut seed wrapper, a proprietary binder called MBC, and a blend of Dominican ligero, viso and seco as well as Connecticut broadleaf for the filler.
There are six sizes in the line, the first three of which are more traditional sizes: a box-pressed 5 x 52 robusto (MSRP $7.50), a box-pressed 6 1/4 x 50 toro ($8.50) and a box-pressed 6 x 60 called the Tarantula priced at $9.50. The cigar is also being released in each of the company’s Sidewinder vitolas, which consists of a 5×57, 6×57 and 7×57, a shape that combines the roundness of a cigar with a box press. They will be priced at $8.50, $9.50 and $10.50 per cigar, respectively.
The cigars are rolled in an entubar style at Tabacalera Leyendas Cubanas in the Dominican Republic by J.R. Dominguez. Scott Weeks of Iconic Leaf Cigar Company said the company doesn’t have specifics on production numbers at this point, but that “we are building inventory to supply demand and we should be able to supply a continual flow of Recluse Amadeus to market by IPCPR.”
The stores receiving the first batch of the Recluse Amadeus are:
- Davidus Cigars (all nine locations), Maryland
- Smoke Inn (all ten locations) — South Florida
- Two Guys Smoke Shop (all three locations) — New Hampshire
- Outland Cigar (both locations) — Charlotte, N.C.
- Cigar Cave — Palm Harbor, Fla.
- King Corona Cigars — Tampa, Fla.
- Cigarz on the Ave. — Winter Park, Fla.
- Tobacco Cabana — Cedar Hill, Texas
- Fusion Cigar Lounge — Clearwater Beach, Fla.
- Safari Cigars and Lounge — Omaha, Neb.
The full release of the Iconic Leaf Recluse Amadeus is slated for the coming weeks.