Editor’s Note: Despite this tweet, it was somewhat of a slow week in terms of cigar news per say. Perhaps the largest news was the introduction of the Tobacco Tax Equity Act, which would inevitably increase taxes on various types of cigars. This comes only a few weeks after concerning language in a recent Senate appropriations proposal.
- Inch by E.P. Carrillo — Story via Savona, these debuted in prototype form at Federal Cigar’s 91st anniversary party.
- Alec Bradley Announces American Sun Grown — Story here.
- MUWAT EF Bait Fish to be Distributed Nationally — Story here.
- La Casita Criolla Robusto Launches in the Southwest — The newest extension will become a national release in August.
- La Dueña to Get Fifth Vitola — Says Pete Johnson via CigarBrief.
- My Father Ships Flor de la Antillas — We reviewed it here.
- La Flor Gets Trademark for Chisel — Details via David Savona.
- David Vitter Co-Sponsors S.1461 — more info here.
- Prop 29 Battle Heats Up in CA — Less than a month away, story here.