11. Davidoff Winston Churchill Limited Edition 2016 The Raconteur
- Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
- Factory: Cigars Davidoff
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
- Binder: Mexican San Andrés Negro
- Filler: Dominican Republic (San Vicente, Piloto, Hybrid Olor/Piloto) & Nicaragua (Condega & Estelí)
- Size: 6 x 56
- MSRP: $27.90 (Boxes of 10, $279)
- Release Date: Jan. 21, 2016
- Number of Cigars Released: 6,000 Boxes of 10 Cigars (60,000 Total Cigars)
- Original Score: 91
Davidoff had hits with a lot of its releases this year, four of which made it onto our top 25 list. The Davidoff Winston Churchill Limited Edition Raconteur is their highest ranking one, with the first limited edition for the Winston Churchill line locked in at our 11th spot.
The regular release Winston Churchill sizes that were launched last year were well received, however sometimes it takes some special, aged tobacco in the blend to really push it over the finish line. At 56 ring gauge, it’s the largest of the Winston Churchill lineup, but despite the larger ring gauge the profile is full, nuanced, complex and ever changing. Paired with excellent construction, it makes this an easy choice to be on the list. — Brian Burt.