I’m a creature of habit, enjoying familiar things and proven plans that work. This year is my ninth trade show, and looking back over the years, my bag’s contents have not changed much at all. Occasionally I’ll try something new, like a roller bag instead of a backpack, and then find myself going back to my previous setup.
Last show, I had swapped the XIKAR MTX scissors for the newer XIKAR XO, but I found myself going back to the scissors again this year. The profile is so much smaller and doesn’t take up as much room in my pocket. That’s important when you also have a lighter, keys, a pen, business cards, headphones and maybe even a cigar or two in there as well. Besides that, the only real change this year was remembering the all-important snacks I unfortunately forgot last year.
So if you’re keeping track, here’s the list for 2021:
- PCA Badge
- Nikon D500/Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens
- Sennheiser AVX
- Skullcandy Smokin Buds 2
- A reporter notebook and a Lamy Safari Neonlime Special Edition pen
- Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop
- Business cards and my XIKAR business card case
- Warped Series I Case
- Elie Bleu J-14 Diamond Jet Flame
- XIKAR MTX Cigar Multi-Tool
- Anker USB battery
- Hand Sanitizer
- Ziplock bag with Boveda humidity pack