Davidoff of Geneva has announced its 2019 Exclusive Editions, a collection of 10 cigars created in collaboration with some of the company’s top retail and distribution partners that will head to select retailers around the globe in the coming weeks and months.
The list of this year’s cigars is as follows:
- Davidoff Exclusive Dubai (400 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available in Dubai travel retail and domestic only
- Davidoff Exclusive Hong Kong (600 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available in Hong Kong travel retail and domestic only
- Davidoff Exclusive Barcelona (300 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at domestic retailers in Barcelona, Spain
- Davidoff Exclusive Madrid (300 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at domestic retailers in Madrid, Spain
- Davidoff Exclusive Winzer Selektion (300 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at domestic retailers in Austria
- Davidoff Exclusive The China Whisky Association (300 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at domestic retailers in Asia
- Davidoff *****Ambassador Exclusive (500 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at Davidoff Ambassador accounts in Germany
- Davidoff Exclusive Maxamar Cigars – White Knight Edition (400 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at Maxamar Cigars in Orange, Calif.
- Davidoff Exclusive The Tobacconist of Greenwich – JGL 45 Years (300 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at The Tobacconist of Greenwich in Greenwich, Conn.
- Davidoff Exclusive Cigar Journal 25th Anniversary (300 Boxes of 10 Cigars) — Available only at retailers in Germany and the United States
“Davidoff Exclusives are extremely popular among our partners as this program allows them to offer aficionados exclusive, custom-made blends catering to the local taste preferences, and presented in beautiful personalized boxes,” said Edward Simon, chief marketing officer at Oettinger Davidoff AG, via a press release. “Our master blenders are pushing the boundaries of taste every year and manage to develop new and exciting blends every time. This year is no exception and we are sure aficionados will be delighted by our 2019 Exclusives cigar selection.”
Each of the cigars are 5 x 52 robustos that use a blend of tobaccos from Mexico, Nicaragua, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic, with the blends designed to be medium to full-bodied, depending on the individual edition.
Each release is presented in a white lacquered and individually numbered box with gold foil designs. The designs range from store identifiers to iconic landmarks in the region that are relevant to the partner and its hometown or country. Additionally, each cigar wears a secondary band that is customized to the release.
The cigars will begin shipping this month.