Cavalier Genève, the company best known for the distinctive gold leaf on its cigar wrappers, will add a box-pressed line to its portfolio this summer.
The Cavalier Genève Black Series II is a five-size line that uses a Mexican San Andrés maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. Like the company’s other cigars, it will feature a piece of gold leaf, with a secondary band that reads Rhein 1905, which pays tribute to Tabak Rhein, a Geneva, Switzerland-based retailer the company acquired earlier this year. It was founded in 1905, making it the oldest tobacconist in Geneva.
All sizes will e offered in 20-count boxes, though pricing has not been finalized.
- Cavalier Genève Black Series II Robusto (5 x 50)
- Cavalier Genève Black Series II Robusto Gordo (5 x 54)
- Cavalier Genève Black Series II Toro (6 x 54)
- Cavalier Genève Black Series II Toro Gordo (6 x 60)
- Cavalier Genève Black Series II Torpedo (6 x 54)
Marco Cavazos told halfwheel the cigars should retail for around $9.
It will begin shipping nationally on July 10, the same day the 2017 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show kicks off in Las Vegas, Nev.
Cavalier of Geneva is distributed by Cigar Art in the U.S.