Arturo Fuente has begun shipping the 2022 batch of its Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s line, which now has a total of six sizes.
The company has expanded the line with two new sizes—both of which were announced in 2021—the Queen of Hearts (3 3/4 x 54) and Sophisticated Hooker (7 1/4 x 53). Like the rest of the sizes in the line, both new vitolas are perfectos. The cigar uses an Ecuadorian wrapper from Oliva Tobacco Co. over a Nicaraguan binder and fillers from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.
- Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s Short Story (4 x 42/49) — $7.85 (Box of 25, $196.25)
- Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s Signature (6 x 46) — $10.55 (Box of 25, $263.75)
- Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s Work of Art (4 7/8 x 46/60) — $10.95 (Box of 25, $273.75)
- Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s Happy Ending (5 1/2 x 53) — $12.55 (Box of 10, $125.50)
- Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s Queen of Hearts (3 3/4 x 54) — $17.70 (Box of 20, $354)
- Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Vintage 1960’s Sophisticated Hooker (7 1/4 x 53) — $14.70 (Box of 20, $294)
Arturo Fuente donates $13 for every box sold to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation as this project is being used to help promote breast cancer awareness and find a cure. October is breast cancer awareness month, which is why Fuente chose this month to ship the cigars. The project is spearheaded by Liana Fuente, though Carlos “Carlito” Fuente Jr. has also used the project to harken back to his memories of the 1960s including Woodstock, the Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, the Vietnam War, the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr., and the Summer of Love.
The Rare Pinks are not a limited edition item, though, like it does with Añejo and OpusX, Arturo Fuente only ships a limited amount to retailers at a specific time of year.
Update (Oct. 14, 2022) — Added MSRP and box-counts for the two new sizes.