Review: Don Pepin Garcia Atlantic Cigar Exclusivo Ltd. Robusto
Today we will be taking a look at a special cigar that I didn’t even know about until recently, the Don Pepín García Atlantic Cigar Exclusivo Ltd! In June 2010, the García Family came to Atlantic Cigar’s New York location for an event and brought with them roughly 250 boxes of 20 of a custom cigar made just for that event. The cigar was made in two sizes a 5 x 50 Robusto and 6 x 50 Toro. Atlantic Cigar had this to say about the cigar and blend:
“The flavor profile is absolutely DPG, not exactly a powerhouse, more rich tobacco flavors, a really great cigar that can be enjoyed throughout the day.”
The Boxes that the DPG Atlantic Cigar Exclusivo Ltd come in look like this:
Lets get to it, shall we?
- Cigar Reviewed: Don Pepin Garcia Atlantic Cigar Exclusivo Ltd Robusto
- Country of Origin: Nicaragua
- Factory: My Father Cigars S.A.
- Wrapper: Nicaragua
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua
- Size: 5 Inches
- Ring Gauge: 50
- Vitola: Robusto
- MSRP: $6.00 (Boxes of 25, $150.00)
- Release Date: June 2010
- Number Of Cigars Released: 150 boxes of 25 Cigars (3,750 Total Cigars)*
- Number Of Cigars Smoked For Review: 4
*There were 150 Boxes of Robusto and 150 Boxes of Toro for a total of 7,500 Cigars.
The cigar is really nice looking with a milk chocolate wrapper, nice oils and a tight seamless wrap. The cigar is packed very well with a slight spongy feel and there is a perfectly placed triple cap at the head. The pre light aroma is a nice tobacco with notes of chocolate, hay, and a fruity sweetness at the foot. The pre light draw is woody, with cocoa and a distinct floral note.
Starting off in the First Third the cigar is relatively mellow, medium body with very little spice or pepper. Initial flavors are woody, sweet tobacco, floral, and light chocolate notes. The cigar is extremely smooth and easy to smoke with a short clean finish.
Coming into the Second Third the cigar builds to a creamier, rich profile but still very mellow at the same time. This definitely isn’t a kick your ass type of cigar but very flavorful nonetheless. Notes of coffee, wood, and chocolate fill the palate. Medium body still with perfect construction.
Finishing up in the Final Third the cigar doesn’t change up a whole lot but is a very enjoyable cigar regardless. I find myself just enjoying the flavors and wishing I had more of these cigars, especially at the price that was paid for them! What a deal!
- This cigar isn’t your typical spicy and peppery full-bodied Pepín cigar but more of a mellow, relaxed smoke. It still offers big bold flavors and was simply a joy to smoke.
- If you are interested in these cigars in the Robusto or Toro size visit Atlantic Cigar and purchase some! At the price of around $3-$4 a stick you simply can’t lose!
- The Final Smoking time was about an hour.
The Bottom Line: Even if this cigar was selling for its original price, I would recommend you buy them… but at the current blow out sale price of them you seriously just can’t lose! I think I paid roughly $90 for a box of 25 Robustos and honestly, you would be crazy not to jump on these! Great flavor profile, a nice medium body, perfect construction and the DPG name… No brainer!
Final Score: 86