Editor’s Note: Altadis U.S.A. is ramping up. It’s noticeable, it’s aggressive and quite frankly—it’s impressive. For the better part of two years, Altadis’ main rival, General Cigar Co., has largely been on the forefront of trends in new markets, brand development and better interacting with the new market. This seems to have changed.
Three years ago, Altadis was pushing Warlock as the next big thing, now—things have changed. It’s a diverse strategy of expansions in various parts of the market largely aimed at parts of the market that are not Altadis’ staple, i.e. Romeo y Julieta and Montecristo smokers.
Speaking to retailers of late, it seems clear there is no sales staff that is beginning the new year more aggressive and proactive than Altadis. It will be interesting to see what’s next. Altadis just shipped H. Upmann Legacy this past week, but given its recent release cycle, the next new thing is just around the corner.
- Tatuaje Monster Series Jason Announced — Here.
- Fonseca Debuts Cubano Exclusivo at ProCigar — Details here.
- E.P. Carrillo Federal 92nd Announced — Story here.
- Tatuaje Federal 90th Redux — Details here.
- E.P. Carrillo to Open First Lounge with Exclusive — Here.
- CroMagnon Venus to R. Field Wine Co. — Story here.
- Martin Family of Cigars Releases App — Press release here.