La Palina’s Classic line is getting some changes.
Most notably, the three new lines are being produced at General Cigar Dominicana. Previously, the La Palina Classic was produced at PDR Cigars.
The three lines are: Classic Connecticut, Classic Maduro and Classic Rosado. Classic Connecticut uses an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper over a Dominican binder and filler from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.
Classic Maduro uses a Honduran wrapper, a Honduran binder and filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua. Classic Rosado also uses a Honduran wrapper and binder, but with Dominican, Nicaraguan and Honduran fillers.
Each line is offered in three sizes, though the sizes are a bit different per line.
- La Palina Classic Connecticut Robusto (5 x 52) — $6.50
- La Palina Classic Connecticut Toro (6 1/4 x 50) — $6.99
- La Palina Classic Connecticut Churchill (7 x 48) — $7.50
- La Palina Classic Maduro Robusto (5 x 52) — $6.50
- La Palina Classic Maduro Toro (6 1/4 x 50) — $6.99
- La Palina Classic Maduro Gordo (6 x 60) — $7.99
- La Palina Classic Rosado Robusto (5 1/2 x 50) — $6.99
- La Palina Classic Rosado Lonsdale (6 1/2 x 44) — $6.99
- La Palina Classic Rosado Toro (6 1/4 x 52) — $7.50
“The Classic line has always been close to the hearts of La Palina supporters,” said Sam Phillips, president of La Palina, in a press release. “It is a great cigar for a reasonable price. Whether it is our Classics or our limited editions, we strive to deliver the highest quality cigar with the most refined taste. We feel that we have achieved this with our new generation of Classic cigars.”
All three lines will come in boxes of 20. The Connecticut and Rosado lines are shipping now, while the Maduro line is scheduled to debut at the end of March.