The newest line from La Galera draws inspiration from the wind.
Anemoi is the Greek god of wind and the name of the next cigar from La Galera. As for the blend, it uses a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper over a Dominican Jacagua corojo binder—that is a wrapper grade—and criollo 98 and piloto cubano fillers from La Canela, the Dominican Republic.
It’s offered in five sizes.
- La Galera Anemoi Boreas (4 3/4 x 46) — $8.50 (Box of 20, $170)
- La Galera Anemoi Zephyrus (6 x 60) — $11 (Box of 20, $220)
- La Galera Anemoi Anemoi (6 3/8 x 52) — $12 (Box of 20, $240)
- La Galera Anemoi Eurus (5 1/2 x 48) — $9.25 (Box of 20, $185)
- La Galera Anemoi Notos (5 x 56) — $10 (Box of 20, $200)
Each of the names refers to a different Greek god of wind.
- Boreas (North) — The northern winds in the Dominican Republic bring water to the Cibao Valley during the fall and winter.
- Notos (South) — La Galera says it is the rarest of winds that generally only occurs when a hurricane is heading to the Dominican Republic.
- Eurus (East) — The Eastern winds remove the excess humidity and disease from the region, helping the tobacco growth.
- Zephyrus (West) — Winds from the west also bring rain to the tobacco-growing regions in the Dominican Republic.
Anemoi will launch at the 2019 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show, which begins June 29 in Las Vegas. The company says it is targetting a select number of accounts, no more than 75, which will support the brand. It is expected to ship in July.