La Flor Dominicana’s Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Natural line received six new sizes last year.
While the company has not formally promoted the line yet, Chicago-based retailer Jack Schwartz Importers, a mecca of all things La Flor, announced that it had the vitolas in stock ahead of a planned national launch in summer.
Jon Carney, vp of sales for LFD, confirmed the new sizes to halfwheel. They are:
- La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Natural L-350 (5 x 52) — $8.40
- La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Natural L-450 (6 1/2 x 54) — $9.20
- La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Natural L-550 (6 3/4 x 60) — $10.50
- La Flor Dominicana Ligero Chisel Oscuro Natural (6 3/4 x 54) — $10.50
- La Flor Dominicana L’Granú Oscuro Natural (6 x 64) — $9.80
- La Flor Dominicana Ligero Torpedo Oscuro Natural (6 x 54) — $10.40
All cigars come in 24-count boxes, with the exception of the L’Granú which is offered in cabinets of 100.
Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Natural uses the Dominican binder and fillers form the La Flor Dominicana Ligero line covered by an Ecuadorian Sumatra oscuro wrapper.
The email from Jack Schwartz indicated that La Flor plans on nationally launching the cigars in the summer.
Like most companies, LFD released a host of new products prior to Aug. 8 in order to meet new regulations enacted by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
In short, any product released prior to Aug. 8, 2016 would not have to seek pre-approval before entering the market. Any new cigar that debuted on Aug. 8 or later would have to wait for FDA approval—something that could take years—before the new item can be sold. As such, many companies released phantom brands, products released prior to Aug. 8 solely to meet the deadline, with the intention for the products to be formally released at a later date.