To cap off the 20th anniversary of ACID, Drew Estate has partnered with five graffiti artists from Brooklyn on a new cigar that celebrates the brand’s identity and the company’s connection to art.
As for the cigar, it’s called ACID Kuba Arte, a 5 13/16 x 54 torpedo that uses a broadleaf maduro wrapper over an Indonesian binder and fillers from Nicaragua. It’s priced at $11.90 per cigar and it comes in one of seven limited edition water tower decorations.
The five artists created different variations of a water tower, a central Drew Estate marketing identifier, each limited to 1,750 units.
Those artists are:
- David “Chino” Villorente — Per Drew Estate: One of the foremost practitioners and ambassadors of graffiti culture in the world, David “Chino” Villorente spent eleven-years as editor of the “Graf Flix” feature in The Source magazine which cemented his position as an important arbiter within the global graffiti community.
- DOC — A living, breathing legend and the very personification of Brooklyn. DOC worked the Moving Art Galleries (a.k.a. the NYC Transit System) at the dawn of street writing culture where his mission to ask “Who is Doc?” catapulted him to global recognition.
- KEO; TOP TC-5 X-MEN — a.k.a SCOTCH70 is a bonafide Brooklyn legend in the realm of NYC graffiti & hip hop. Weaving his charismatic “old school” aesthetic into the tapestry of urban art & pop culture, while redefining classic graffiti styles into fresh new work in fine art & design outlets.
- Queen Andrea — an NYC-based fine artist, graffiti artist, typographer and graphic designer & is a leader in the newer generation of early 1990’s graffiti writers. Queen Andrea finds her creative inspiration in the diversity & crazy energy of city life and especially graffiti. Out in the streets Queen Andrea has developed a reputation for her oversized typography murals, influenced by an endless appreciation of typography, as well as themes of urban life, hip hop lyrics & empowerment.
- VERS — Born and still based in Brooklyn, where for over 30 years with a spray-can in his hand, Vers has created unforgettable murals in his signature technical style full of energy and movement. His work is known around the globe from Iceland, Europe, Japan & even Mongolia! But NYC will always be home. IG:@VERS718.
Each water tower will come with a Boveda. Drew Estate will ship the ACID Kuba Arte in September.