Editor’s Note: As far as what is after the jump, it may seem a bit light. The reality is, this week is anything but. There are quite a few details that are being tied up for other stories for later in the week, at least I think. Without getting too much into trying to make predictions about 2012, it does seem there are at least two growing trends: single store releases (in bigger quantities) and the aggressiveness of Thompson’s at competing on the national brand level. It seems the direction is getting away from blends for single limited releases and more towards specific sizes or exclusivity in time of release. Whatever the case, there are more new cigars coming, I promise. — el niño diablo.
- Liga Privada UF4 — Details here. Casa de Montecristo is taking pre-orders for five-packs.
- Liga Privada Único Serie L40 Delayed — The L40 will be delayed until next year. Drew Estate President Steve Saka blames the problem on a lack of aged product for a full release. There will be a decent supply at two events. The October 27th event for the aforementioned UF4 at Casa de Montecristo and a November 29th event at Nat Sherman. Until next year, enjoy Undercrown.
- Viaje Skull and Bones “?” Ships — And the mystery remains. Retailers should be getting these later this week, but it’s unclear what exactly they are getting. There are two different versions, no word on sizes. As with the 2010 version of the “?”, these have white glow-in-the-dark bands.
- Viaje Fifty | Fifty With New Packaging — This got mentioned in the Exclusivo Lancero post, but there is new packaging for both Fifty | Fifty lines, same sizes though. These ship with Skull and Bones.
- Cain Culebra Lancero — I thought we had mentioned this earlier in the year, but apparently not. Oliva is planning on offering the Cain Daytona Lancero in the form of a sampler that will likely include Cain F Lanceros and a Culebra. The Culebra blend hasn’t been finalized, but expect it to be multiple blends tied together. The above is a prototype packaging from Ian Hummel.
- Nat Sherman Brings Back the Bench Collection — Michael Herklots has the details here.
- E.P. Carrillo Edición Limitada 2011 Dark Rituals Ships — Seems like there will be limited amounts for at least this very first shipment. Review is here.
- Crowned Heads Announces Retailers — 66 of them. In addition, packaging and pictures of cigars were shown off for the Huber et al. project set to debut next month.
- Casa Fernandez’ New Project — Paul Palmer tweeted that he was testing new blends for a national brand. This seems: a. part of the times, b. uniquely logical given the moving of Casa Fernandez from Honduras to Miami. Presumably, someone is going to fill the space at Raíces Cubanas.
- Lorilland Abandons Opposition of El Triunfador — Almost a year later, score one for Pete Johnson. Details.
- Caribbean-American Tobacco filed opposition regarding a rum trademark.
Tiant Cigar Group Hosts National Launch of “El Tiante Cigars” at Butthead’s Tobacco Emporium in Danbury, Connecticut
WHO: Baseball Legend Tiant Cigar Group Patriarch Luis Tiant; Tiant Cigar Group President Mike Bellody; Bert Sugar; Welterweight Boxer Delvin Rodriguez; and Sirius/XM’s Dino Costa’s Radio Experience.
WHAT: Tiant Cigar Group is proud to announce the national launch of their new cigar blends – the El Tiante Habano Rosado and the El Tiante Habano Oscuro. On Friday, October 21st, cigar enthusiasts will have the opportunity to experience the new blends from 7 – 11 p.m. at Butthead’s Tobacco Emporium in Danbury, Connecticut. Dino Costa’s Radio Experience from Sirius/XM’s Mad Dog Radio will also be in attendance doing a live radio broadcast. Contests and prizes will be awarded throughout the night including a “Luis Tiant Baseball Windup” contest judged by Luis Tiant himself. All guests that purchase a box of El Tiante Cigars can have them autographed by Luis Tiant as well.
WHEN: Friday, October 21, 2011
7:00 – 11:00 p.m.
WHERE: Butthead’s Tobacco Emporium
5 Padanaram Road
Danbury, CT 06811
Finally, here’s a picture of an Arturo Fuente Añejo Phantom (Lancero), compliments of Rick Gadway…