Editor’s Note: There are eight weeks left in 2012, I counted. It’s hard to believe, but I suppose it as that time to start thinking about looking back. Although, when I look at what is still expected in 2012 in terms of new releases, the year is far from over. On a completely different note, a few users of reddit’s r/cigars (of which Brian and I are both active members) have created a forum to serve as a better place for the forum-like atmosphere that was taking place on reddit, Leaf and Flame. It’s starting off with a bang, a major raffle for men’s health, specifically prostate and testicular cancer. More details here.
- Quesada España Lancero Slated for 2013 — Extremely limited, review here.
- Partagás’ Abdel Expósito Allegedly Arrested — Numerous sites are reporting Abel Expósito, the store’s manager has been arrested allegedly under suspicion of selling grey market cigars to the European market. It appears this year’s Encuentro de Amigos de Partagás, the annual winter Partagás celebration in Cuba, will be without Expósito. Cuban Cigars, Culture & Lifestyle, one of the first blogs to report the story claims Rene Valdes Miller, formerly at the head of Romeo y Julieta, has already taken over the store and is now in charge of the annual celebrations.
- Michigan Tax Cap Goes Into Effect — Details here.
- Georgia Considers Change in Taxes — Details here.
- Antilian Cigar Company Announces Auric Perfectum — Press release here.
- Emilio Releases La Musa Mousa — Press release here, review here.
- El Primer Mundo Gains Asian Distribution — Press release here.
- La Palina Adds Andre Brennan — Formal press release of this story.
- Nate McIntyre Joins Emilio Full Time — Details via Gary Griffith.