Editor’s Note: Dare I say it, but the 2011 List is actually almost updated. You’ll notice the list is not in perfect form right now, but it is updated, a lot. There are a few manufacturers I’m still confirming things with, but the vast majority of the list is up to date, including new entries. I’m evaluating how to deal with the list next year in 2012 at TheCigarFeed, as well as changes to the Weekly News as well. Both will be getting lengthier, I’m just trying to keep it manageable. One change that has already taken effect is that the country and factories are now in separate columns, allowing for easier sorting. Thanks for your patience. — el niño diablo.
- Viaje War Hammer —
That’s more of a working name, butName was developed by the employees at the office due to the resemblance to the medieval weapon, who the cigar was blended for, not named by Andre, and above is the picture of a cigar there’s been murmurs about for a few weeks. Jay (of CigarPhoto.net fame) provides the picture and pegs this is (around) 7 1/4 x 50/60. Blend is Nicaraguan puro as one might expect, but nothing besides that is known. This is a cigar that Andre and the Viaje team smoke when hanging out, much along the lines of the Viaje Friends & Family. There is no word if these will be released or making any other appearances. Despite the WLP looking band, this is not a WLP.
- Toraño 1959 50 Year Salomon — Toraño will be making a 7 1/4 x 57 Salomon for the popular 1959 50 Year blend. These are rolled at STG Estelí, the same factory as the original Liga 3-H Salomon, which was released in 2009 in a sampler to launch the Exodus 50 Years Blend. A total of 2,500 cigars (500 boxes of 5 cigars) will be released this December.
- Rocky Patel Winter Collection 2012 — This has been on the internets for a bit, but the particulars go as follows. Three sizes (Robusto 5 1/2 x 50, Toro 6 1/2 x 52 and Torpedo 6 1/8 x 52) with boxes of 20 ranging from $151-$172. These are made at TAVICUSA (Nicaragua) and there will be 2,000 boxes of each size shipping December 5th. Blend is Habano, dual binder (Costa Rica/San Andrés) and Nicaraguan and Panamanian filler.
- Viaje Stuffed Turkey — Jerry Cruz has a picture.
- Xikar HC Series Habano Colorado Salomon Limitado Ships — So says Kurt Van Keppel. Limited to 10,000 total cigars. Review is here.
- Tatuaje Ashtrays — The new ashtrays, show off at IPCPR 2011, are out.
- Diamond Crown IPCPR Releases Ship — Word from J.C. Newman is that the Diamond Crown MAXIMUS Double Robusto #6 and Diamond Crown Torpedo #8 should be in Diamond Crown Cigar Lounges now. The two sizes were show off at IPCPR, but will remain exclusive to the lounges until Father’s Day.
- C & C Connecticut — These ship next week.
- Fuente Rejoins ProCigar — As per Dave Savona, story is here.
- Gary Griffith Now a Blogger — The retailer and brand owner has a new title for his resume, read it here.
- Australia Warned Over Plain Packaging — Cuba and the Ukraine have warned Australia that its proposal to introduce plain packaging for tobacco products in the coming year’s could be in violation of WTO protocols. This is intriguing as it was only last week that a US court shot down packaging proposals similar to Australia’s for cigarettes.