Editor’s Note: So this is a bit different. We have changed our look and the Weekly News is moving to a new time, Monday mornings. It was the lightest week in the cigar business in some time, I suspect we might see that for another week, before business picks up in the middle of the month. For those unfamiliar with the calendar in the cigar world, many factories are closed at this point of the year, the longest break they take, although much of that is changing.
- Partagas Benji Homage Due in January — Here.
- Reinado Releases Grand Empire Reserve 6 x 60 — Story here.
- First Quesada España Ninfa Heads to Just for Him — Details here.
- Padilla Teases Unreleased Blend, Again:
A special yet unreleased blend … pic.twitter.com/wikYnuBTIe
— Padilla cigars (@PADILLACIGARS) January 2, 2014
- Nomad in 2014 — Details here.
- Quesada Cigars Announces Name Change, Celebrates 40th Anniversary — Press release is here.
- University of South Carolina — Tobacco use banned everywhere on campus, including in parked cars.
- Dixie State University — Tobacco use banned everywhere on campus, including in parked cars.
- Ohio State University — Smoking ban goes into effect. Although, there does not seem to be punishment.
- Northern Kentucky University — Smoking ban goes into effect.