Ventura Cigar Co. has announced that it has begun shipping the Archetype Chapter 3.
As the name implies, it’s the third chapter for the Archetype Series, this time a pair of lines from Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr.’s Tabacalera La Alianza S.A.
The Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales uses a Mexican San Andrés wrapper over an Ecuadorian binder and fillers from NIcaragua. It’s offered in three sizes.
- Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales Robusto (5 x 50) — $9.99 (Box of 20, $199.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales Toro (6 x 52) — $11.49 (Box of 20, $229.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales Gordo (6 x 60) — $12.99 (Box of 20, $259.98)
There is also the Dawn of Destiny, offered in the same three sizes but using a dark Ecuadorian wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers.
- Archetype Chapter 3 Dawn of Destiny Robusto (5 x 50) — $9.99 (Box of 20, $199.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Dawn of Destiny Toro (6 x 52) — $11.49 (Box of 20, $229.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Dawn of Destiny Gordo (6 x 60) — $12.99 (Box of 20, $259.98)
“Ernesto Perez-Carrillo is a hero in this industry,” said Michael Giannini, general manager of Ventura Cigar Co. in a press release. “He’s a master of his craft, with a lifetime of stories that he weaves into his blends. Calling upon him to create for Archetype Chapter 3 was like poetry. It has been an honor to work with and call him a friend for so many years. And it is an even bigger honor to work with him again now.”
Archetype is based on the work of psychologist Dr. Carl Jung, who wrote about the concept of archetypes, and the writings of mythographer Joseph Campbell who applied them to the idea of “a hero’s journey,” which is often found in storytelling, and defined ‘archetypes’ as the constantly repeating characters who occur in the dreams of all people and the myths of all cultures.
Both lines were originally announced as scheduled to ship in late July.