Ventura Cigar Co. has announced that Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr. will be making the next cigars in its Archetype series.
The Archetype Chapter 3 includes two blends: Sacred Scales and Dawn of Destiny. Both cigars are being made at Perez-Carrillo’s factory in the Dominican Republic.
Sacred Scales uses a Mexican San Andrés wrapper over an Ecuadorian binder and fillers from Nicaragua. It will be offered in three sizes.
- Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales Robusto (5 x 50) — $9.99 (Box of 20, $199.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales Toro (6 x 52) — $11.49 (Box of 20, $229.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Sacred Scales Gordo (6 x 60) — $12.99 (Box of 20, $259.98)
For Dawn of Destiny, there is an Ecuadorian wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and fillers from Nicaragua.
- Archetype Chapter 3 Dawn of Destiny Robusto (5 x 50) — $9.99 (Box of 20, $199.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Dawn of Destiny Toro (6 x 52) — $11.49 (Box of 20, $229.98)
- Archetype Chapter 3 Dawn of Destiny Gordo (6 x 60) — $12.99 (Box of 20, $259.98)
This also marks the latest chapter between Perez-Carrillo and Michael Giannini, general manager for Ventura. The pair worked together for a decade when they were both at General Cigar Co., specifically working on La Gloria Cubana.
“Ernesto Perez-Carrillo is one-of-a-kind,” says Giannini in a press release. “He and I go way back. We are champions of each other’s work in the cigar industry, and creative collaborators at points along the way. It made sense for us to team up and begin this new chapter of Archetype, forging a new path in its story, and celebrating a new phase in our careers. Ernesto’s a master crafter, as a creator of blends that treat the cigar smoker to an evolving flavor experience. Chapter 3 is going to be an exciting one for all of us- I just know it.”
Archetype is based on the work of psychologist Dr. Carl Jung, who wrote about the concept of archetypes, and the writings of mythographer Joseph Campbell who applied them to the idea of “a hero’s journey,” which is often found in storytelling, and defined ‘archetypes’ as the constantly repeating characters who occur in the dreams of all people and the myths of all cultures.
The two new lines will debut at the 2019 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show.