15. Joya de Nicaragua Número Uno L’Attaché
JOYA DE NICARAGUA
- Country of Origin: Nicaragua
- Factory: Fabrica de Tabacos Joya de Nicaragua S.A.
- Wrapper: Ecuador (Connecticut)
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua
- Length: 5 1/2 Inches
- Ring Gauge: 42
- Vitola: Petit Corona
- MSRP: $11.50 (Bundle of 25, $287.50)
- Release Date: Oct. 8, 2019
- Number of Cigars Released: Regular Production
- Original Score: 91
In 2018, Joya de Nicaragua quietly began giving out a cigar that was originally created as a diplomatic gift, the Joya de Nicaragua No. 1. After it won halfwheel’s #1 Cigar of 2018, the cigar was eventually given new packaging and a new name—Joya de Nicaragua Número Uno—and sold as a limited production item.
In late 2018, Joya de Nicaragua released a smaller size in the same blend, the 5 1/2 x 42 Número Uno L’Attaché. Like the Número Uno before it, the Número Uno L’Attaché is extremely complex profile, with creamy peanuts, leather and citrus on the palate along with rich caramel sauce sweetness on the retrohale.
While not as highly rated as the original was in 2018, the Joya de Nicaragua Número Uno L’Attaché is still impressive enough to take the #15 on our Top 25 list this year, meaning that all three Número Uno releases have made a Top 25 list. — Brooks Whittington.