7. Eiroa The First 20 Years Diadema
- Country of Origin: Honduras
- Factory: El Aladino
- Wrapper: Honduras (Mexican-Seed)
- Binder: Honduras (La Victoria)
- Filler: Honduras (La Victoria)
- Length: 8 Inches
- Ring Gauge: 60/48
- Vitola: Diadema
- MSRP: $18 (Boxes of 10, $180)
- Release Date: June 2018
- Number of Cigars Released: Regular Production
- Original Score: 91
At 8 inches long, this is the longest cigar on our list. Some might think that the massive diadema is a novelty, but after spending a few hours smoking it, that couldn't be further from the truth. Christian Eiroa's The First 20 Years has earned praise for a number of sources, but the TAA-exclusive size released in 2018 might just be the best one yet.
It's a Honduran puro with a Mexican-seed wrapper that is grown in Honduras. The end result is a mixture of sweet, savory and pepper—all while retaining a defintiively Honduran puro. Despite the massive size, the construction was fantastic with massive amounts of smoke.
This is one of two cigars on the list for CLE in 2019, one of only three companies to hold that honor. — Charlie Minato.