3. Neanderthal OM
RoMa Craft Tobac
- Country of Origin: Nicaragua
- Factory: Fabrica de Tabacos NicaSueño S.A.
- Wrapper: Mexican San Andrés
- Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
- Filler: Dominican Republic, Nicaragua & Pennsylvania
- Length: 7 x 38
- MSRP: $9.50 (Boxes of 15, $128)
- Release Date: August 2016
- Number of Cigars Released: 333 Boxes of 15 Cigars (4,995 Total Cigars)
- Original Score: 91
While RoMa Craft Tobac is no stranger to our top 25 list, the Neanderthal OM has reached new heights at the number three spot.
With five different releases, the OM is the thinnest for the blend, having been made for Houston-based STOGIES World Class Cigars and its H-Town Lancero Series. The reduction in ring gauge turned out to be a move that took an already great blend to the next level of flavor and complexity with a bit less of a kick than its fatter counterparts. The reduced punch allowed the more subtle flavors to shine in a refined profile of sweet and spicy notes that meshed together wonderfully. Topping it all off was nearly flawless construction, which experiencing in any cigar consistently is great, but certainly more so in a lancero size. — Brian Burt.