Pete Johnson took to social media on Saturday morning to announce this year’s Unlucky 13, the group of retailers who will be receiving the bulk of the highly coveted dress boxes of The Bride, the upcoming Tatuaje Monster Series release.
Those retailers are:
- Ambassador Cigars & Spirits — Troy, Mich. (248-250-9716)
- Big Sticks Fine Cigars — Mesa, Ariz. (480-668-6099)
- Boiling Springs Wine & Cigar — Boiling Springs, S.C. (864-804-6069)
- Burn Premium Cigar Specialists — Burnsville, Minn. (952-808-9259)
- Cigar Warehouse — Sherman Oaks, Calif. (818-784-1391)
- Harry’s Smoke Shop — Philadelphia, Penn. (215-925-4770)
- Heritage Premium Cigars — Martin, N.J. (856-988-7665)
- Industrial Cigar Company — Frisco, Texas (469-305-7360)
- Tobacco Haven — Brookline, N.H. (603-673-1178)
- Smoky’s Tobacco Cigars & Gifts — Knoxville, Tenn. (865-693-8371)
- TisMart Cigar Shop & Lounge — Brewerton, N.Y. (315-622-8889)
- Tobacco Locker Cigar Bar — Port Charlotte, Fla. (941-255-8825)
- The Vault — Meridian, Idaho (208-901-0217)
The Monster Series, which debuted in 2008, draws its inspiration from some of the most well-known monsters of film and literature, with a selection of the total number of cigars released packaged into elaborate dress boxes often designed to look like coffins and bearing a tie-in to the character. This year’s release, The Bride, is a 7 1/8 x 49 Churchill is based on James Whale’s The Bride of Frankenstein. It uses a Connecticut broadleaf rosado wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers, a blend that Johnson calls medium plus and an “elegant monster.”
Production numbers are the same as the 2017 release year’s release—The Michael—meaning 666 dress boxes of 13 cigars and 4,500 boxes of 10 cigars for a total of 53,658 cigars. It is priced at $13 per cigar, regardless of in which box they are packaged.
Unlucky 13 retailers receive 31 dress boxes each, while retailers throughout the country split the remaining 263 boxes, a split that usually means receiving between one and three dress boxes. Shipments of The Bride are already en route to The Unlucky 13 retailers, according to Johnson, who added that the remaining shipments should be in transit by Oct. 13.
Update: Shortly after this article was published, Pete Johnson informed halfwheel of the shipping status of The Bride.