With Halloween just a few weeks away, Tatuaje’s latest installment in its Halloween-themed Monster Series is on its way to stores. But instead of just a single new cigar, Pete Johnson is releasing the Tatuaje Monster Mash, a sampler with 14 cigars in it that feature the previous 13 Monster Series releases in a new vitola, as well as the debut of a new Monster Series cigar.
For the blends that have been previously released, the cigars in the Monster Mash will be 1 1/2 inches shorter than the original version but with the same ring gauge. The roster of those cigars looks like this:
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Frank — 6 1/8 x 49
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Drac — 5 1/4 x 52
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Face — 4 7/8 x 56
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Wolf — 6 x 52
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Mummy — 6 1/4 x 47
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Jason — 6 x 52
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Jekyll — 5 1/2 x 49
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Hyde — 5 1/2 x 49
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Krueger — 5 3/8 x 48
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Michael — 5 x 52
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Chuck — 4 3/8 x 52
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Tiff — 4 3/8 x 52
- Tatuaje Monster Mash Bride — 5 5/8 x 49
As for the new cigar, it is called Creature, a nod to the 1954 movie Creature from the Black Lagoon, and is a 5 3/8 x 48 perfecto, the same vitola used for the Tatuaje Black Label Britanicas Extra. Pete Johnson has not disclosed the blend of this new cigar, other than that it uses a Nicaraguan double binder.
Each of the samplers is priced at $150, with 13,000 samplers being made at My Father Cigars S.A. in Nicaragua.
Johnson has also told halfwheel that he has a redux of The Frank planned for October.
Correction — The original version of this story indicated that the Creature had a 49 ring gauge, it has a 48 ring gauge. Also added a note about a redux of The Frank.