In November of 2010, Tatuaje released 100 sets of a new cigar accessory collection. Dubbed the Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection, each piece in the set was hand made and finished in Los Angeles by Cyril Brizard’s Brizard & Co., formerly Atoll. They are made using leather, macassar ebony wood and sterling silver, giving it quite a unique look, if I do say so myself.
Here is what was included in each collection:
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Desk Box – $280 (sold with 3 Finger Case)
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection 3 Finger Cigar Case – $280 (sold with Desk Box)
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Large Key Ring – $40
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection Small Key Ring – $30
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection – Soft Flame Pocket Lighter – $140
- Tatuaje El Triunfador Collection – 3 Flame Table Torch – $160
The Soft Flame Lighter is a thing of beauty. Extremely well made, the sterling silver fleur de lis on the front contrasts perfectly with the dark wood. I am constantly astounded when looking at it about how well it is made, it is just a joy to use.
- It lit every time, without fail.
- The construction of the piece along with the materials is astounding. It seems to be extremely durable.
- Looks amazing and does not take up too much space.
- Does not seem to use up too much fuel, so you don’t have to refill as often as you might think.
- Price. Price. Price.
- With only 100 sets made, it is going to be difficult to track one down, even at the price it is sold at.
- Personally, I smoke mostly outside, so a soft flame lighter is not the best option for me.
If you like soft flame lighters, you have the dough to spend and you like Tatuaje cigars or the New Orleans Saints, or grew up in New Orleans, I cannot imagine there being a better constructed, better looking lighter.