Royal Agio Cigars has announced the latest line for the Balmoral: Serie Signaturas, a focus on collaboration.
The first cigar of the new line will aptly be called Dueto, made by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr.’s Tabacalera La Alianza S.A. factory. The blend uses a Nicaraguan wrapper from Jalapa, a binder from Estelí, Nicaragua and a mixture of Nicaragua and Agio’s signature Brazilian mata norte fillers.
It will be offered in five sizes, each sold in 10-count boxes.
- Balmoral Serie Signaturas Dueto Robusto (5 x 50) — $9.75 (Boxes of 10, $97.50)
- Balmoral Serie Signaturas Dueto Ovación (5 1/2 x 50) — $10.25 (Boxes of 10, $102.50)
- Balmoral Serie Signaturas Dueto Gran Toro (6 x 50) — $10.50 (Boxes of 10, $105)
- Balmoral Serie Signaturas Dueto Gordo (6 x 60) — $12.50 (Boxes of 10, $125)
- Balmoral Serie Signaturas Dueto Churchill (7 x 49) — $11.50 (Boxes of 10, $115)
“I am honored to have had the opportunity to work alongside Ernesto on this very special collaboration project for Balmoral,” said Boris Wintermans, ceo of Royal Agio, in a press release. “I want to push the boundaries of what can be discovered in premium cigar blending, and it is this desire that inspired the creation of the Balmoral Serie Signaturas (Signature Series) and initial conversations with Ernesto. This collaboration platform offers another avenue for us to explore, discover and release completely new and exciting cigar blends. The resulting blend for DUETO, behind Ernesto’s blending genius, makes this first release nothing short of exceptional.”
Royal Agio will show the cigars off at next month’s IPCPR Convention & Trade Show and begin shipping the cigars to retailers in September.