The Intemperance Whiskey Rebellion WR 1794 might soon be available at your local cigar shop.
RoMa Craft Tobac has begun offering the cigar to retailers nationwide. The cigar was originally introduced in 2016 as an exclusive for Famous Smoke Shop and sold in collaboration with Cigar Dojo.
Skip Martin, RoMa Craft Tobac’s co-founder, told halfwheel that the company shipped the cigars to about “a dozen or so accounts” this month. It will be offered to all retailers at the 2019 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show, which begins June 29 in Las Vegas, Nev.
Intemperance Whiskey Rebellion 1794 uses an Ecuadorian habano ligero wrapper over an Indonesian Besuki binder and fillers from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.
- Intemperance WR 1794 Bradford: 5 x 56 — $8 (Boxes of 24, $192)
- Intemperance WR 1794 Hamilton: 4 x 46 — $6.15 (Boxes of 30, $184.50)
- Intemperance WR 1794 Jefferson: 4 1/2 x 50 — $7.10 (Boxes of 24, $170.40)
- Intemperance WR 1794 McFarlane: 5 x 50 — $7.35 (Boxes of 24, $176.40)
- Intemperance WR 1794 Washington: 5 1/2 x 54 — $7.85 (Boxes of 24, $188.40)
Its name refers to a protest over the taxes on whiskey by the U.S. government, the first time a domestic product had been taxed by the federal government. The protest lasted from 1791-1794 and ultimately ended when President George Washington rode to Pennsylvania to enforce the new law.
Correction (Jan. 18, 2019) — The original version of this article indicated that the 2019 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show begins July 29, it begins June 29. We regret the error.