The next El Catador from RoMa Craft Tobac will focus on the corona gorda size.
It’s called the El Catador de Las Gran Coronas and like previous El Catador samplers, it will contain a variety of RoMa Craft Tobac blends in the same size, this time a 5 3/4 x 46 vitola the company refers to as gran corona.
Each sampler will contain 16 cigars, two each of eight different cigars:
- Intemperance BA XXI Contempt
- Intemperance EC XVIII Reverence
- Intemperance WR 1794 Lee III
- CroMagnon Anthropology
- CroMagnon Aquitaine Anthropology
- Baka Jengi
- Neanderthal HS
- Wunder|Lust Fiorella
Three of the cigars—the Intemperance—are new, while the others are regular production, though the Wunder|Lust is normally a European exclusive.
In a post on Instagram, Skip Martin—co-founder of RoMa Craft Tobac—told halfwheel that the sampler will have an MSRP of $165.
The samplers are expected to ship in Q2 2022 and will be limited to 2,500 boxes.
This will be the seventh El Catador sampler released by RoMa Craft Tobac. Others include:
- El Catador de Los Perfectos
- El Catador de Las Panetelas
- El Catador de Las Petite Coronas
- El Catador de Los Gran Robusto.
- El Catador de Los Gran Perfectos
- El Catador de Los Petite Gordos
In a message to halfwheel, Martin said the samplers would be available to all RoMa Craft Tobac accounts.
Update (Dec. 17, 2021) — Added MSRP.