RoMa Craft Tobac’s new Cameroon cigar has a name, Baka.
Last night, Skip Martin of RoMa Craft Tobac showed off pictures of the new cigar. Martin told halfwheel that Baka will start in two vitolas Bantu (4 x 52) and Acephalous (5 x 56).
In total, the line will eventually encompass seven sizes, the same as the company’s core CroMagnon offerings.
- Baka Pygmy (4 x 46) — Boxes of 30
- Baka Bantu (4 x 52) — Boxes of 24
- Baka Ota Benga (4 1/2 x 60) — Boxes of 24
- Baka Poki (5 x 50) — Boxes of 24
- Baka Acephalous (5 x 56) — Boxes of 24
- Baka Jengi (5 3/4 x 46) — Boxes of 24
- Baka Hunter Gatherer (6 x 54) — Boxes of 24
Martin confirmed the cigar uses a Cameroon wrapper but declined to disclose the filler blend. He described the release as an “annual limited release.”
As for the name, it is derived from the Baku people, a small population of peoples living in Cameroon and the surrounding countries.
Baka will debut at the 2019 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show, which kicks off June 29 in Las Vegas, and will be offered to U.S. retailers.
Update — Only the Pygmy size is offered in boxes of 30, this post has been updated.