Two of the three new Rocky Patel lines for 2021 began shipping on Friday.
The flagship release is Sixty by Rocky Patel, with the name a reference to the 60th birthday of the company’s founder, Rocky Patel. As for the cigar it uses a Mexican San Andrés wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers.
It is debuting in three box-pressed sizes:
- Sixty by Rocky Patel Robusto (5 1/2 x 50) — $16 (Box of 20, $320)
- Sixty by Rocky Patel Toro (6 1/2 x 52) — $17 (Box of 20, $340)
- Sixty by Rocky Patel Sixty (6 x 60) — $18 (Box of 20, $360)
There’s also a fourth size that will be released in the future; the company has already said that it plans on introducing a half corona vitola for European markets later this year.
In addition, the Sixty by Rocky Patel Toro is offered in a special humidor. The package has an MSRP of $2,500 and includes 100 of the Sixty Toros.
The Rocky Patel Disciple is also shipping. On paper, it uses the same basic blend varietals as the Sixty: a Mexican San Andrés wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. The company says this release is “medium-full.”
It’s offered in four sizes:
- Rocky Patel Disciple Robusto (5 x 50) — $10.50 (Box of 20, $210)
- Rocky Patel Disciple Toro (6 x 520) — $11.50 (Box of 20, $230)
- Rocky Patel Disciple Bala (5 3/4 x 58/50) — $12 (Box of 20, $240)
- Rocky Patel Disciple Sixty (6 x 60) — $13 (Box of 20, $260)
Unlike the Sixty, the Disciple is a round cigar.
Both cigars are made at the company’s Tabacalera Villa Cuba S.A. (TAVICUSA) factory in Estelí.
Update (Sept. 17, 2021) — The company provided updated packaging for the Sixty by Rocky Patel line; the article has been updated to include that new information.