The Premium Cigar Association (PCA) says its 2020 Convention & Trade Show is still scheduled for July 10-14.
In an email sent to its members today, the organization says that despite concerns about the coronavirus, it is still moving forward with its trade show.
We understand concerns about COVID-19 Coronavirus are top of mind, and we want to be as transparent as possible and share information about what we are doing to prepare for PCA 2020 in Las Vegas. PCA 2020 is still on. Most events getting cancelled right now are actually being moved to the summer, when warm weather is anticipated to slow the spread of COVID-19.
We are closely monitoring the news and will follow any protocols provided by the CDC and WHO. We are working closely with the Sands/Venetian to ensure the safety of all show participants. The Sands/Venetian is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. The situation is evolving rapidly and their Emergency Management Team works closely with local officials. They continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and Southern Nevada Health District for local direction. In addition to customary cleaning procedures, the Sands/Venetian have dedicated staff to focus exclusively on the safeguards being implemented throughout the resort. For more info on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
A number of large events and trade shows have been canceled due to the coronavirus. Earlier today, E3—a video game convention scheduled to take place in early June in Los Angeles—was canceled for 2020.
This year’s PCA Convention & Trade Show—formerly the IPCPR Convention & Trade Show—has already experienced major setbacks. In January, four of the largest exhibitors—Altadis U.S.A., Davidoff, Drew Estate and General Cigar Co.—at the trade show pulled out due to a variety of reasons. Since then, one other major exhibitor—Phillips & King—has also pulled out while others have reduced their booth sizes.