Since acquiring the El Septimo brand in September 2019, Zaya Younan and his team have been focused on steadily building the brand’s portfolio of luxury offerings, both on the cigar side as well as with complementing accessories. This year, they rolled out both, including a new line that is inspired by some of humanity’s greatest works of art, and a new collection of accessories aimed at the traveler who wants a more exotic feel when cutting, lighting, or storing a cigar.
Lots of companies claim they want to make a splash at the PCA Convention & Trade Show, and El Septimo certainly seems to be in the lead for making the biggest one in 2021. The company debuted a new booth that showed off its collections of high-end cigars and accessories quite well, complete with large video panels, a sampling bar, and some intelligent lighting to help capture your attention as you walk the show floor. While the company has been on the market for a few years now, particularly in the U.S., it seemed to be drawing a steady stream of both existing retailers and ones looking to bring the luxury brand into their stores.
The Sacred Arts Cigar Collection is made up of seven cigars, which represent the biblical story of the seven days of creation. Each line is dedicated to a famous painter and inspired by one of his famous works, and thus named for them. None of the blends are being disclosed, and the company will only say that the blend of each cigar is different, though not how different one cigar is from another. In addition to the seven individual vitolas, the company is releasing a 14-count sampler that contains two of each of the seven blends.
- Wrapper: Undisclosed
- Binder: Undisclosed
- Filler: Undisclosed
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Leonardo da Vinci (7 1/2 x 40) — $20 (Box of 20, $400)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Michelangelo — (5 1/2 x 50) — $12 (Box of 20, $240)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Botticelli (7 1/2 x 58) — $25 (Box of 20, $500)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Raphael (6 x 50) — $15 (Box of 20, $300)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Salvador Dali (6 1/2 x 54) — $20 (Box of 20, $400)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Rembrandt (7 x 54) — $25 (Box of 20, $500)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Van Gogh (9 x 56) — $38 (Box of 20, $760)
- El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection Masaccio Sampler — $310
Production: Regular Production
Release Date: Late August 2021
El Septimo Authentic Skins Humidors
The company released a new collection of accessories under the header “Authentic Skins,” referring to the crocodile or ostrich skins in which each accessory is offered.
You will notice that the same three color options are offered for the crocodile and leather version—taupe and blue, orange and brown, and emerald and beige—while the ostrich version is available in a single brown and orange option. For the desktop humidor, there are two sizes offered, both in the three crocodile and leather colorways. As with all humidors, capacity varies based on the size of the cigars you are putting inside it, but 20 or so is a safe bet for the smaller version, while the larger version can seemingly hold closer to 50 cigars.
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Small Humidor — $588
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Large Humidor — $672
Release Date: July 2021
El Septimo Authentic Skins Travel Cases
These three-fingered cigar cases offer a luxurious way to carry your cigars with you for a night out. They are offered in both the crocodile and leather or ostrich options, and are individually numbered, as the standalone version is limited to 150 pieces.
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Travel Case — Crocodile and Leather — $210
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Travel Case — Ostrich — $462
El Septimo Authentic Skins Gift Box
For a step up from just getting the travel case, you can add in a lighter and cutter in matching finishes as part of a gift box that the company has put together. It is available in all four color options, with the ostrich commanding a bit more of a premium.
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Gift Box — Crocodile and Leather — $294
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Travel Case — Ostrich — $882
El Septimo Havana Traveler Set
If you’re looking for a more complete travel kit, the Havana Traveler comes with a five-count travel case, a flask, cigar cutter and lighter, all of which are held in place magnetically to the larger pouch. It is available in both crocodile and leather as well as the ostrich option.
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Havana Traveler Set — Crocodile and Leather — $630
- El Septimo Authentic Skins Havana Traveler Set — Ostrich — $1,260