Oliva’s special Advent calendar-themed sampler of cigars began shipping to stores last week.
The concept is pretty simple. It’s an Advent calendar, a tradition where treats—oftentimes candy—are placed inside of a package that has 25-numbered slots. During Advent—a Christian holiday season that leads up to Christmas—people will open up the slot corresponding to what day of Advent it is. Advent ends on Dec. 24, Christmas Eve.
Officially, the sampler is called the Oliva Holiday Countdown Calendar 2021. It contains 25 cigars, most of which are regular production cigars from Oliva. Every calendar contains the same cigars, though Oliva says that the exact order might vary from sampler to sampler.
There are two Serie V Melanio cigars included that aren’t regularly offered by Oliva: a 6 x 54 parejo size that was a distributor exclusive and a 6 x 64 parejo that is exclusive to the sampler. The full list of cigars is as follows:
- Cain Daytona 550
- Cain Daytona 646
- Cain F 550
- Cain Habano 550
- Cain Maduro 550
- NUb Cameroon 350
- NUb CT 354
- NUb Habano 460
- NUb Maduro 460
- Oliva Connecticut Reserve Toro
- Oliva Gilberto Reserva Robusto
- Oliva Gilberto Reserva Blanc Robusto
- Oliva Master Blends 3 Torpedo
- Oliva Serie G Churchill
- Oliva Serie G Robusto
- Oliva Serie G Maduro Perfecto
- Oliva Serie O Robusto
- Oliva Serie O Torpedo
- Oliva Serie O Maduro Robusto
- Oliva Serie V Churchill Extra
- Oliva Serie V Double Robusto
- Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro Figurado
- Oliva Serie V Melanio 6 x 64
- Oliva Serie V Melanio Robusto
- Oliva Serie V Melanio Toro Extra
Each sampler has an MSRP of $200. Oliva produced 10,000 of these samplers.
Tatuaje also announced an Advent calendar earlier this year though the company has delayed its release until 2022.
Update (Nov. 10, 2021) — Oliva has clarified that some of the cigars in the sampler are not regular production offerings.