Atlantic Cigar Co. is preparing to release the second of its four-part fifteenth anniversary series, this time a cigar from My Father. The My Father Atlantic 15th Anniversary Box-Pressed Robusto will be released today (February 9, 2012). The cigars are a 5 1/2 x 52 box-pressed shaped that feature Ecuadorian Habano Criollo over Nicaraguan binder and fillers.
You can purchase the My Father Atlantic 15th Anniversary.
Only 400 boxes of 15 cigars are being made with singles priced at $8.00 and $111.95 for a box. Unlike the Viaje Exclusivo Lancero, the first of Atlantic’s anniversary releases, the cigars will be sold online and over the phone.
Atlantic has yet to announce the remaining two partners.
This is the eighth My Father release that has been designated to a limited amount of stores:
- My Father “S” Special Robusto (Cigars International, Famous Smoke Shop, Holt’s, JR & Thompson Cigar)
- My Father Atlantic 15th Anniversary Box-Pressed Robusto
- My Father El Hijo (Smoke Inn)
- My Father El Picador (Empire Cigars)
- My Father Le Bijou 1922 Corona Gorda (Puff n Stuff/Federal Cigar)
- My Father Le Bijou 1922 Federal Cigar 91st Cervantes Connecticut (Federal Cigar)
- My Father Le Bijou 1922 Federal Cigar 91st Cervantes Maduro (Federal Cigar)
- My Father Lounge Exclusive (AAA Tobacco Barn, Federal Cigar, Mojito Cigar Lounge)
Atlantic Cigar Co. described how the cigar came about:
While visiting the Garcia family & the famed My Father Cigar Factory in Nicaragua we came up with the idea, after smoking a few My Fathers, to try a box-pressed version of the blend. We decided to base the blend on the original My Father cigar, with some tweaks to the filler tobaccos. Samples were presented while watching Cuban Baseball at Pepin’s house where we all enjoyed them over good Cuban rum. The tobaccos were hand-selected for this project personally by Jaime Garcia. Under his careful eye the cigars were rolled by their best torcedors in a one-time only small batch run. The blend uses a Cuban seed wrapper grown in Ecuador by the Oliva Tobacco Co., historically some of the best wrapper in the business, blended with rich Nicaraguan binder & filler tobaccos. Additional aging rounds out this wonderful smoke making it ultra smooth & extremely well balanced with just the right amount of spice & strength.