Two of My Father Cigars, Inc.’s lines will be getting new sizes in the coming weeks, as the company has announced a corona gorda for My Father The Judge line and a box-pressed torpedo for My Father La Opulencia that are scheduled to begin shipping in March.
The Judge Corona Gorda will measure 5 5/8 x 46 and will be priced at $11 per cigar and offered in 23-count boxes like the rest of the line. It becomes the fourth size in the line, which debuted in 2016:
- My Father The Judge 5 x 60
- My Father The Judge 6 x 56
- My Father The Judge Toro Fino (6 x 52)
- My Father The Judge Corona Gorda (5 5/8 x 46)
The Judge uses an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper over Nicaraguan corojo and criollo binders and Nicaraguan fillers.
My Father’s La Opulencia line will be getting its first new size since the line debuted in September 2017. The new size is a box-pressed torpedo that measures 6 1/2 by 52, is priced at $12.20 before taxes and offered in 20-count boxes. It becomes the seventh size in the line, which uses a Mexican rosado oscuro wrapper with a dual Nicaraguan binder featuring criollo and corojo leaves, while the filler comes from the García’s farms in Nicaragua.
- My Father La Opulencia Petite (4 1/2 x 48)
- My Father La Opulencia Corona (5 x 46)
- My Father La Opulencia Robusto (5 1/4 x 52)
- My Father La Opulencia Toro (6 x 54)
- My Father La Opulencia Toro Gordo (7 x 56)
- My Father La Opulencia Super Toro (6 x 60)
- My Father La Opulencia Box-Pressed Torpedo (6 1/2 x 52)
Both lines are produced at the company’s factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.
The company made the announcement via Cigar Aficionado, and has since confirmed the accuracy of the article and released images of the cigars.