Don’t worry Frank Herrera… I’m not going to become a trademark attorney anytime soon. I did however get bored last night (4 AMish) and decided that the cure to said boredom was to do none other than go through cigar trademarks… go figure. Trademark searches are awesome for finding out things, like that Smoke Inn is that “Florida retailer” who Pete is doing the Anarchy for. Anyways, here’s what I found…
- Antojo – Filed July 26, 2010 by Oettinger Imex (i.e. Davidoff Oettinger Group)
- Avion – Filed August 30, 2010 by Tatuaje Cigars
- Casa de Ortez – Filed October 12, 2010 by Max Rohr, Inc (i.e. Altadis)
- Cigar Sniper – Filed October 19, 2010 by Famous Smoke Shop
- Concepcion – Filed September 24, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Cuadrado – Filed September 20, 2010 by General Cigar Co. (This seems to be for humidors, not cigars)
- Don Benito Filed October 13, 2010 – by Tabacos SA (i.e. SAG Imports, i.e. Quesada)
- Flor de Sol – Filed September 2, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Inmersión – Filed July 26, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Macanudo Master Series – Filed July 28, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Maderas – Filed September 24, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Outdoorsman – Filed July 26, 2010 by Oettinger Imex (i.e. Davidoff Oettinger Group)
- Partagas Master Series – Filed July 28, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Pentagono – Filed September 20, 2010 by General Cigar Co.
- Prophesy – Filed August 30, 2010 by Fuente Marketing Ltd.
- Puros Series 5 – Filed July 26, 2010 by Oettinger Imex (i.e. Davidoff Oettinger Group)
- Rapiditos – Filed October 14, 2010 by E.P. Carrillo
- Saints & Sinners – Filed August 5, 2010 by Tatuaje Cigars (This has been talked about by Pete on more than one occasion)
What does this mean? I would imagine most these products will see the market, it’s just a matter of time. It took Davidoff two years until after they filed the Puro d’Oro trademarks to bring the cigar to the market, but it’s business. Anyways… if you ever get bored… the Patent and Trademark Office is just a click away.
One sort of note… All of this info was found via Trademark searches, while there’s a bit of proprietary info that I know, including about new releases… none of what’s above is anything that I was told by any manufacturer. That’s a line I won’t cross.
Update: Just for kicks, here’s a list of trademarks I found on an earlier pre-IPCPR search, I’ve bolded the ones that made it onto the market:
- Fuente My Story
- Fuente Sinful X
- Alec Bradley American Classic (May 25)
- Mederos Cigars – Tabacalera Serrano (May28)
- Charlie Torano (May 19)
- Bolivar D’Oro (May 5)
- General Cigar Helix (May 7)
- Rodriguez Brothers Orishas (May 11)
- General Cigar Man of Distinction (June 10) (Contest)
- EP Carrillo Elencos (June 15)
- Davidoff Z-Class (March 19)
- Rocky Patel Cargo (April 5)