After a nearly five-month-long delay, All Out Kings is finally shipping.
Robert Caldwell has confirmed that All Out Kings, a new collaboration between his Caldwell Cigar Co. and Drew Estate, is shipping today.
The cigar, which debuted at the 2016 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show in July, was set to be released in November, but in December the companies announced that the cigar was delayed. At the time, Willy Herrera, Drew Estate’s master blender, said he felt like the cigars needed more aging, largely due to the wrapper.
It features a Connecticut habano stalk cut and sun cured wrapper—Drew Estate uses the same types of tobacco as wrapper for its Liga Privada T-52, over an Indonesian Sumatra binder and a filler blend made up of Connecticut broadleaf ligero, Dominican corojo 97 seco, Nicaragua viso from Estelí, and Nicaraguan viso from Jalapa.
The cigar is being released in four sizes:
- All Out Kings Smash (5 x 52, $13.80)
- All Out Kings Give Me Your Lunch Money (5 3/4 x 46, $12.80)
- All Out Kings Foreverlast (6 1/2 x 54, $14.80)
- All Out Kings The Fourth Pose (6 x 54 torpedo, $15.80)
All sizes are sold in boxes of 20.
Drew Estate is producing the cigars at its La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate factory in Estelí, Nicaragua while Caldwell is distributing the cigars.
As part of the All Out Kings launch, Robert Caldwell will be hosting nine launch events:
- March 16 — Cigar Vault Emporium (Staten Island, N.Y.)
- March 17 — Cigar Mojo (King of Prussia, Pa.)
- March 24 — Sabor Habana (Doral, Fla.)
- March 30 — Blue Smoke Cigar (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- April 7 & 8 — Corona Cigar (Orlando, Fla.)*
- April 13 & 14 — Secreto Cigar Vault (Detroit, Mich.)
- April 14 — Smoke Inn (Boynton Beach, Fla.)**
*Drew Estate’s Willy Herrera will be at the Corona Cigar Co. event on April 8.
**Robert Caldwell will not be at the Smoke Inn event on April 14.
Charlie Minato contributed to this report.