During its meeting today, the Tobacconists’ Association of America announced that Joe Arundel would become the organization’s new president.
Arundel is the owner of Rain City Cigars in Seattle, Wash. He has previously served as the TAA’s second vice-president, and just recently announced that he would be stepping down as president of the Cigar Association of Washington, an organization he helped create in order to obtain more rights and liberties for cigar smokers in Washington state.
Also, the TAA announced changes to its board of directors, which has three of its current board members being replaced.
The following individuals have been added to the board:
- Rich Castiano (World Famous Cigar Bar, Fort Myers, Fla.)
- Veronica Fenner (Stag Tobacconist, Colorado Springs, Colo.)
- Harris Saunders (Cigars & More, Birmingham, Ala.)
And the following board members are departing the board:
- James George (Fogue & Bates in Tulsa, Okla.)
- Todd Naifeh (ZT Cigars, Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- Scott Regina (Emerson’s Cigars in Virginia Beach, Va.)
Finally, the organization announced that its 2021 meeting will be held from April 11-15 at Casa de Campo in La Romana, Dominican Republic.
Update (March 26, 2020) — This story originally listed the dates as April 9-16, 2020, it is actually April 11-15, 2020.