Black Diamond, Black Friday.
J.C. Newman has confirmed that the national launch of its new Diamond Crown Black Diamond will be this Friday, which also happens to be the traditional Black Friday holiday in the U.S.
The new line has been over two years in the making. It uses a Connecticut Havana-seed wrapper grown by the Fuente family in the Dominican Republic. Like the rest of the Diamond Crown lines, it’s made by Fuente as well.
Inside the sun grown wrapper are Dominican fillers.
There are three vitolas of the Black Diamond: Emerald (6 x 52, $20), Marqius (5 1/4 x 56) and Radiant (4 1/2 x 54, $17). All three are sold in boxes of 20, which will come in bags to help protect the mirror finish black boxes.
The cigar will launch at 27 Diamond Crown lounges around the country:
- Aficionado Cigar DC Lounge — Lake Forest, Calif.
- Arlington Cigar Co. — Arlington, Texas
- Briar Patch — Sacramento, Calif.
- Casa Fuente — Las Vegas, Nev.
- Churchill Cigar Lounge II — San Diego, Calif.
- Cigar, Cigars — Phoenixville, Pa.
- Cigar Chateau — Wichita, Kan.
- Cigar King — Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Club Humidor — San Antonio, Texas
- Corona Cigar — Orlando, Fla.
- Davidus Cigars — Gaithersburg, Md.
- Davidus Cigars — Urbana, Md.
- Federal Cigar — Portsmouth, N.H.
- GarVino’s — The Villages, Fla.
- Milan Tobacconists — Roanoke, Va.
- Mission Pipe Shop — Pleasanton, Calif.
- Neumann’s Cigars & More — Libertyville, Ill.
- Paul’s Trading Co. — Beaverton Ore.
- PCB Cigars — Panama City, Fla.
- Smokey Joe’s — Tacoma, Wa.
- Stars Tobacconist — Florence, Ky.
- Stogies on Grand — St. Paul, Minn.
- Tampa Bay Times Forum — Tampa, Fla.
- The Cigar Shoppe — Cumming, Ga.
- Two Guys Smoke Shop — Nashua, N.H.
- Vitola Fine Cigars — Birmingham, Ala.
- Zarka Cigar Lounge — Temecula, Calif.
For now, the cigar is available exclusively at Diamond Crown lounges, though production is expected to open up at some point.