If there was one thing that I tried to focus on with my show floor bag this year, it was reducing the bulk of a bit. While I wasn’t a Boy Scout, I prided myself on being prepared, though that can come at a cost when walking miles around the show floor. So I’ve tried to pare it back just a bit this year while keeping the essentials.
The core of my bag is pretty similar to my colleagues, including a computer, camera, microphone, monopod, notepads, pens, etc., though there are some unique things. In particular:
- MacBook Pro laptop, 2014 edition
- Sony a7 III camera with Sony FE 2.8 16-35mm lens
- Sennheiser AVX Microphone
- Apple iPhone XS Max
- Anker USB batteries
- Shure SE215 earphones
- Business cards
- Muji 0.5 mm pens and other random pens
- XIKAR MTX cigar scissors/multi-tool
- JetLine Triple Flame Super Torch
- Quest Bars
- Halls cough drops
All of this is packed into an eBags backpack, which is new for me as I’m moving away from the rolling case for the moment, though it is with me this weekend and may make an appearance on the show floor.