My bag for IPCPR 2019 is virtually identical to what I used to cover the 2018 trade show. I’ve actually reduced a few items but given the consistency, it seems I’ve found some sense of what works.
- Tumi Tahoe Dale — I believe this is the third year of this Tumi backpack, which I still love for both its looks and storage capacity.
- MacBook Pro 15” (2017) — In less than two years my MacBook Pro has taken a pretty good beating. I’m pretty sure the logic board needs to get replaced, something that will happen in the next month.
- Think Tank Cable Management 10 V 2.0 — I really like the speed and flexibility of USB-C, but I still have to carry a lot of different cables.
- Sony A7RIII + Sony 16-35 ƒ/2.8 — The Sony system is awesome and I love features like eye AF.
- Sennheiser AVX — Our overpriced microphone solution is back for another year. This is probably what I receive the most compliments about.
- Monopod — I’ve learned to love and hate the monopods, but they make the video a lot better.
- Moleskine Reporter Notebook — This particular notebook will be retired after this year’s show.
- Leuchtturm Medium Hardcover Lined Red — I keep this is my backpack year-round for notes.
- Pilot Envelope Address Writing Gel Ink Pen — Part one of the pen duo.
- Uni-ball Signo Broad UM-153 — Part two, now in even more colors.
- Kershaw 7100BW Launch #1 — I’ve replaced the Gerber knife I used to use as my regular blade with this knife, which is notably larger.
- Sony WH-1000MX3 — The other new item. I upgraded from the previous model. I’ve found myself using the headphones quite a bit during the show.
- Boveda + Small Bag — Less samples, more space.
- Business Cards
- Bottled Water — Smart Water in my 1L preferred size.