There have been a number of years when My Father Cigars, Inc. has released multiple new creations during the IPCPR Convention & Trade Show, but there was only one new product this year: La Promesa. The new release was shown off prominently not only in the center of the booth but also in the displays built into the walls, which is not surprising considering how great the art and bands look.
The My Father booth was unchanged compared to last year: the new cigars were being shown off in displays in the middle of the booth, while other releases were in various installations built into both the inside and outside of the walls. Another thing that had not changed was how busy the booth was, as there were plenty of people walking in and out of the booth, taking orders and just hanging out seemingly at just about every moment I stopped by.
Translated as the promise, the name comes from a promise made by José “Pepín” García to his family when he left Cuba in 2001. Specifically, that he would prove his capabilities in the tobacco and cigar industries while making his family proud of his success. The new creation has been available in very limited amounts since early 2016 in order to get it on the market ahead of FDA regulations regarding the release of new cigar lines, but begun shipping in larger quantities this month.
- Wrapper: Ecuador (Habano Oscuro)
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua
- My Father La Promesa Robusto Grande (5 1/2 x 54) — $8.50 (Box of 20, $170)
- My Father La Promesa Toro (6 x 52) — $9.20 (Box of 20, $184)
- My Father La Promesa Lancero (7 1/2 x 38) — $10 (Box of 20, $200)
- My Father La Promesa Petite (4 1/2 x 50) — $7.80 (Box of 20, $156)
- My Father La Promesa Corona Gorda (5 1/2 x 48) — $8.20 (Box of 20, $164)
Production: Regular Production
Release Date: July 2019