I made it to La Barba on day four, which meant that some of the booth had already been taken down. While the company is distributed by Down and Back, LLC—the company that distributes Caldwell, Room101 and Porsche Design—La Barba has its own booth that is admittedly not that close to the Caldwell booth.
The booth is the same as last year, though judging by pictures it looks as if it has been rearranged a bit.
The new line from Tony Bellato is a follow-up to last year’s Ricochet Primotivo. Like that release, the Crü Mexi-Sol pays tribute to Bellatto’s love of wine, he’s a certified sommelier. While the new line is noted for its Mexican tobacco, Bellatto says the flavor is inspired by left bank Bourdeaux.
- Wrapper: Mexico (Sun Grown)
- Binder: Indonesia
- Filler: Dominican Republic, Nicaragua & U.S.A. (Pennsylvania)
- La Barba Ricochet Crü Mexi-Sol 4 1/4 x 44 — $7 (Box of 25, $175)
- La Barba Ricochet Crü Mexi-Sol 6 1/4 x 52 — $11.25 (Box of 25, $281.25)
- La Barba Ricochet Crü Mexi-Sol 5 1/2 x 54 — $11 (Box of 25, $275)
- La Barba Ricochet Crü Mexi-Sol 6 x 60 — $11.75 (Box of 25, $293.75)
Production: Regular Production
Release Date: July 2019