Boutique Blends had one wall of the Altadis U.S.A. booth this year, feeling a bit smaller than in years past but by no means underrepresented as part of one the largest booths on the show floor. After a fairly sizable rebranding of the company’s core lines this year, Rafael Nodal released just a single new line this year.
The new line shows an interesting growth for the company, as Nodal turns to the Plasencia family and a fairly small tobacco-growing region in Nicaragua for the line.
While Rafael Nodal and Aging Room has its roots in the Dominican Republic, he has been turning to other growing regions of the world for his latest releases, and in this case he releases a Nicaraguan puro that is centered around tobacco from Ometepe, an island in Lake Nicaragua known for its rich and hearty volcanic soil, as the island is home to two volcanoes. The blend also uses tobaccos grown in Estelí and Jalapa, with the cigar produced at the Plasencia Cigars S.A. factory in Estelí.
- Wrapper: Nicaragua
- Binder: Nicaragua (Ometepe)
- Filler: Nicaragua (Ometepe and undisclosed)
- Aging Room Small Batch Bin No. 2 B Minor (5 x 52) — $13 (Box of 20, $260)
- Aging Room Small Batch Bin No. 2 C Major (5 3/4 x 54) — $13.25 (Box of 20, $265)
- Aging Room Small Batch Bin No. 2 Grande (6 x 60) — $13.50 (Box of 20, $270)
Production: Regular Production
Release Date: July 2019