I can’t say I’ve lost count of how many IPCPR Convention & Trade Shows I’ve attended, but it’s been a few at this point, probably eight or nine if I recall correctly. This year, I wanted to make a conscientious effort to lighten my load as much as possible and really streamline my bag down to effectively just the essentials, and while I didn’t do quite as good of a job as I had hoped going into day one, writing this reminds me to take out a few more things before we get on the floor for day two.
Notably, I’m back to a backpack this year as I’ve been using it daily for a while and have gotten use to it and where everything is located amidst is numerous pockets. I brought my old rolling briefcase along as well, and while I’m not planning on switching over, if my back starts aching I might return to the pull-behind option, though I seem to hit it with the heels of my feet at an annoying rate.
As for what’s inside, it’s a pretty standard rundown, though the laptop generally stays in the office while I’m on the floor, and the camera is on my arm or in my hand.
- MacBook Pro Laptop — the same one as in years past, and I’m proud to say it survived an unexpected drop during an Arizona Rattlers game this season
- Canon 5d Mark IV camera and Canon EF 16-35 ƒ/2.8L II lens — not mine, but loaners from the office and a rental company as we look to up the image quality of our coverage
- Notebooks — lots of them from assorted manufacturers. If anything, I didn’t make an effort to get new ones this year, but just use up the ones I already had.
- Pens — same idea, though I did pick up some a few Pentel Tradio Pulaman and R.S.V.P. recently, as they’ve become my favorite pens of the moment.
- Quest Bars — when I need a snack that doesn’t melt
- Anker Batteries and power splitters
- XIKAR MTX Scissors
- XIKAR Allume lighter
- XIKAR travel humidor
- Djeep lighter
- Goody’s Headache Powder — I’m not a fan of pills, so this is a great substitute.
- Business Cards