There are a lot of impressive booths on the trade show floor, and Kristoff’s is certainly one of them.
Tall, clean and fairly open, it’s become one of my favorite booths in recent years, and this year featured the return of the Vengeance as well as some new packaging.
Glen Case dipped into the archives to bring back Vengeance this year, first making it available to members of the Tobacconists’ Association of America at their meeting in May, with the cigar just beginning to arrive on store shelves last month. All retailers are now able to order the Vengeance, which has gotten an updated blend from the original, which had a Brazilian maduro wrapper and some Honduran tobacco in the filler.
- Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
- Binder: Indonesia
- Filler: Dominican Republic and Nicaragua
- Kristoff Vengeance Perfecto (6 1/2 x 60) — $9.90 (Boxes of 20, $198)
- Kristoff Vengeance 6 x 60 — $9.60 (Boxes of 20, $192)
- Kristoff Vengeance Toro (6 1/4 x 54) —$9.30 (Boxes of 20, $186)
- Kristoff Vengeance Robusto (5 x 50) —$9 (Boxes of 20, $180)
Production: Regular Production
Launch Date: June 2018
New Packaging and Branding
Kristoff is also rolling out updated box labels, shelf talkers and cigar bands with the word “Kristoff” and other copy, using gold foil and in a modified font. Part of this is to be better aligned with FDA’s requirements for warning labels on cigar boxes, as well to give the presentation a fresh look on shelves. It was based off the Kristoff TAA 49 packaging from 2017, and will be appearing on store shelves gradually as existing stock is depleted.